EQE OFFERS A range of training opportunities for adults working with children in a variety of roles and settings, and for those in management positions. All training consultants are experienced trainers and are highly qualified in their areas of expertise.
Level 3 in Mental Health and Therapeutic Approaches for Children and Young People – a NCFE Customised Qualification.
Th.Inc.Room Level 3 leaflet
Running in November 2021 – contact us for details and dates or download the booking form.
To complete the Level 3 Qualification there are 4 elements:
1.Five days of training – Previously Therapeutic Inclusion Room Training
The Th.Inc.Room® approach uses a combination of educational, therapeutic and nurturing approaches shown to effectively meet the needs of pupils failing to access school fully for emotional reasons. This course trains an individual (teacher or TA) to set up and effectively run a Th.Inc.Room – including one to one and small group work. The course covers theory that explores Mental Health and Wellbeing in children/young people and teaches therapeutic approaches appropriate for use within the school setting. It includes skills exercises, practical activities, peer discussion and opportunities to explore resources.
“The course has been amazing. I have learnt so much that I have already implemented and gained more confidence.” Primary TA
“Brilliant course – very inspiring, hands on practical ways to make a difference.” Secondary Assistant Head
2.Two additional days of training on Transformative Play – Previously ‘Let the Toys Talk’.
This two day training course explains and explores the Transformative Play model. It will take the participants on their own play journey as they discover the three ways in which children/young people can use play and creative activities to develop cognitively, socially and emotionally. The course will equip participants to safely and effectively deliver Transformative Play sessions to individual children/young people. It is an experiential course so come prepared to play!
“I found the course extremely valuable”
“I have gained vital knowledge and new skills which will enable me to be a better worker in the Th.Inc.Room.”
“Wonderful training. I can’t wait to put it into practice.”
3.Six hours of group Supervision via Zoom whilst setting up and running your initial interventions
4.A Portfolio that evidences the practical application of your training in your school setting
One and Two Day Courses
Please contact us to register your interest in any of these courses – some dates are still to be confirmed
eQe offers four strands of training:
- Understanding Behaviour and Emotional Needs
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Management Training
- Outdoor Learning and Forest Schools
Understanding Behaviour and Emotional Needs
- Behaviour Detectives – Increasing Understanding of the many factors that influence Behaviour
- Securing the Base – Demystifying attachment theory
- Inside Out – Understanding Self-harm in School Age Children
- Climb into my mind – Learn about Aspergers from a person not just a text book
- Think it, Feel it, Be it – Using the theory of C B T to increase understanding of behaviour
- The Shape I’m In – Expressing Emotion through 2D and 3D Artwork. AVAILABLE Oct 13th 2020
- Powerful Moments – Using Mindfulness approaches to develop Emotional Skills and to enhance Wellbeing. AVAILABLE February 10th 2021 via ZOOM
- Imprisoned in Role – Challenging the roles children and young people adopt using drama.
- Unstable World– understanding and working with trauma and anxiety.
- Who am I? – Facilitating self expression and reflection through creative journals.
- Muck, Moods and Magic – Using plants and horticulture to meet children’s social and emotional needs
- A Journey, three Keys and a Wizard – a transition programme using visualisation
- Let the Toys Talk – Enabling children to explore their world through transformative play
- Rebuilding the Base – Turning attachment theory into practice
- The Elements – Using Art to develop emotional skills and to enhance wellbeing
- The Power of Positive Touch – The Massage in Schools Programme
- Volcanoes, Earth Tremors and Icebergs – Understanding and working creatively with anger AVAILABLE January 20th 2021 via ZOOM
- Work Smarter… Manage Better – Creative Problem Solving and taking control of decision making
- Where do you think you are going?! – Strategy master-class. Strategic management & direction
Outdoor Learning and Forest Schools
- Get out! – Demystifying outdoor learning and Forest Schools – Curriculum enrichment and enhancement
Evaluation Feedback- see information downloads for evaluations of individual courses